ruin / destroy
ruin = cause damage
- The storm ruined the crops.
- He ruined his life when he married that girl.
destroy = break to pieces / make something useless
- The whole city was destroyed by the fire.
- Don't destroy that box! We may put some biscuits in it!
past / passed
- Mary passed her English exams.
- She passed by my house.
- Mary went past my house towards the forest.
- Don't think about it. It's all in the past.
fault / blame
fault = responsible for a mistake
blame = say that someone or something is responsible for a mistake
- She's not to blame for the accident. It's all my fault.
current / currant
current = happening or existing now
currant = a small dried grape used especially in baking cakes
- I love currant buns for breakfast.
- I don't think her current boyfriend will marry her.
- I need to catch up with current affairs.