- Singular : another
- Plural: other
- Singular: another
- Plural: others
- Have you met Bill's sisters?
- I've met one. I didn't know he had another (=sister)
- Oh! He has two others. (=sisters)
B. One / Another / Some others
- One student suggested a play, another a song, some others wanted a concert.
- Some tourists went to the beach, some others explored the town.
C. EACH OTHER / ONE ANOTHER
- each other = two or more
We see each other at the office every day.
Tom and Ann looked at one another / each other.
- one another = only for two
Tom and Ann no longer speak to one another.
- another one = one more (used as a pronoun)
- Would you like another cup of tea?
- Yes, I'd like another one, please.
NOT another one cup of tea please