- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 4 potatoes cut into quarters
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut into quarters
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 cups water
- Place the chicken leg quarters in a baking dish, taking care not to crowd - they need space to cook properly.
- Arrange the onion, potatoes and tomatoes in-between the chicken legs and add salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the olive oil and the water.
- Place the chicken in a pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes at 180 C making sure you brush the chicken with its juices every so often.
- Add the mint and parsley and continue baking for 15 minutes .
- Serve with a Greek Village Salad