- 8 – 10 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 500 gr feta cheese crumbled (15 ounces)
- 500 gr mizithra cheese crumbled
- 750 ml milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 200 gr yoghurt
- 5 eggs
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine the crumbled cheeses in a bowl and ground some pepper.
- Beat the eggs, milk, olive oil and yoghurt.
- Brush a pan with some olive oil and lay two pastry leaves onto it. Pour some of the eggs mixture and then sprinkle with some of the crumbled cheeses.
- Lay a third leaf, pour some more of the eggs mixture and sprinkle with some more of the crumbled cheeses.
- Repeat with another three sheets of fyllo.
- Place 2 sheets of fyllo and brush with the remaining eggs mixture. Sprinkle some black sesame seeds.
- With the help of a sharp knife, make incisions on this top layer.
Pre-heat the oven and bake for 1 hour or until it looks golden brown.
Recipe by Argyro Barbarigou