September has almost flown by in a flash, yet in sunny Larnaca we are still enjoying the summer with only a few autumnal hints such as the sudden downpour last Tuesday which lasted for over two hours. I was in my office at that time. As I looked out the window, I couldn't help a smile when I saw the passersby in the street running for a shelter in their summer clothes. I sometimes wish I could take a holiday in September as this is the best time of year in Cyprus to enjoy the sun and the sea. But as I live near the beach, I go swimming early in the morning almost every day. It is, indeed, an invigorating activity before going to work.
Workwise, it's been really busy since the beginning of the new school year. That's why I haven't been around much. As I work from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, I can hardly make time for blogging or catching up with my friends on Facebook and Twitter. However, on Sundays I try to relax as much as I can unless I have marking to finish. Here are ten things I always enjoy doing on Sundays.
1. I cook. I find cooking such a relaxing and creative activity. As I hardly ever have time to cook a decent meal during the week, I really love testing my culinary skills on Sundays.
2. I take a long nap after lunch.
3. Unless we're away for the weekend, I watch a scary movie or a thriller on DVD. I've recently watched Cellular and loved it!
4. Very often on Sundays, Alkis and I go on a day trip to the countryside and enjoy the great outdoors - small villages off the beaten track, amazing forests, deserted beaches or gorgeous valleys and creeks in the mountains.
5. I tidy up around the flat as the cleaning lady doesn't come at the weekend.
6. I blog or schedule posts for the week ahead.
7. I call my mum.
8. I hang out with my friends for coffee or lunch. I also cook for them quite often.
9. I reply to personal emails as I rarely have time to do so during the week.
10. I visit my favourite blogs on TypePad.
What do you enjoy doing on Sundays?