Fresh fish and seafood constitute an important part of the Mediterranean diet, especially in the summer. All over the Greek islands but also in mainland Greece, fresh fish has its place of honour in almost every household. There are also many fish tavernas where you can choose your fish or seafood right out of the fisherman's basket. Today I'll show you, step by step, how to cook the Greek lavraki (Greek sea bass) at the snap of a finger.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 1 medium-sized lavraki (fresh sea bass)
- some olive oil
- some oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick baking paper
1. Throroughly clean and wash the sea bass or ask your fishermonger to do so.
2. Place a piece of non-stick baking paper in a baking pan and place the fish on it. Season with salt, pepper and some oregano and add a few drops of virgin olive oil.
3. Wrap up the fish as in the photo below to make a nice package. This serves two.
4. Cook in preheated oven at 160C (320F) for 20-25 minutes. Unwrap the fish and serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice and / or steam rice or chips.