- 400 grams minced beef
- 400 grams minced pork
- 3 slices of bread
- 2 big onions, grated
- 1 ripe tomato, grated
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ouzo
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oegano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups olive oil
- some flour
- Combine the minced meat, place it in a ball and sprinkle with the vinegar and ouzo. This will allow the meatballs to become fluffier.
- Soak the bread, squeeze excess moisture and add it to the minced meat.
- Add the onions, the tomato, the egg, the oregano, the basil and the parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a fluffy mixture.
- Place the mixture in a plastic container (tupperware) and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape the mixture in medium-sized balls and coat them with some flour.
- Fry the meatballs in batches in hot olive oil until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve with french fries and a greek village salad.
Recipe by Argyro Barbarigou