- 6-7 leeks finely sliced in rings
- some dill finely chopped
- some parsley finely chopped
- some fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 3 fresh green onions (spring onions) finely sliced in rings
- 1 packet of puff pastry sheets
- 400 gr feta cheese mashed with a fork
- 1 egg
- just a little olive oil
fyllo pastry-puff pastry sheets
1. Boil the leeks for about 10 minutes, drain them well and put aside.
2. In a bowl combine the feta cheese, the dill, the parsley, the mint, the onion, the spring onions, the egg and the leeks when they are cold enough. Add pepper to taste. Don't add any salt as the feta cheese is quite salty.
3. Brush a pyrex / ovenproof dish with some olive oil and line it with a pastry sheet. Brush with olive oil, then lay 4 or 5 pastry sheets brushing each one with olive oil again.
4. Spread the filling evenly.
5. Cover it with 4-5 layers of pastry sheets after having brushed each one of them with olive oil.
6. Bake in a pre-heated, medium oven for about 45 minutes.
7. Serve hot or cold - it's just as tasty.
Tip: Carve the pie in portions before baking.
Recipe by : Stefania Charalambous