Μπάμιες με Κοτόπουλο στο Φούρνο - Baked Okra with Chicken
4 chicken legs
1 kilo / 2 lb preferably fresh okra (frozen okra is also fine)
3-4 ripe tomatoes finely diced
2 big onions finely diced
3-4 big potatoes
salt and pepper
1/2 teacup olive oil
1. Put the okra for about an hour to dry in the sun. If you use frozen okra, no need to do that.
2. Wash the okra, add salt and pepper and place it in a baking pan.
3. Salt and pepper the chicken legs and arrange them in the pan.
4. Add the potatoes cut in long thick slices
5. Add the tomatoes and the onions
6. Add the olive oil and some water.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 40-45 minutes. During baking time baste the chicken and the potatoes from time to time.
8. Serve piping hot with hot pitta bread or a greek loaf , some tzatziki (yoghurt with cucumber and garlic) and a big greek village salad (tomatoes, cucumber, onions, black olives and feta cheese with an olive-oil and lemon or vinegar dressing.
Kali Orexi - Enjoy your meal!