Many people don't believe in Valentine's Day but we do. Alkis and I believe that love should be celebrated on a special day while enjoyed throughout the year - just like we shouldn't thank our loved ones on Thanksgiving Day only or thank God on Christmas Day only. Right? To me, love is turning an ordinary day into a party for two and celebrating it on a special day is, to my mind, a tribute to Love. Here are 10 reasons why I love Valentine's Day:
1. I'm not a hardened cynic. Life is too short to poison it with cynicism.
2. It's a break from routine amidst gloomy February days.
3. It's a breath away from hubby's birthday!
4. We celebrate birthdays, name days, national days, anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween..the list is endless. Why not love? After all no one can live without love!
5. I love teddy bears and red roses!
6. I love shopping the perfect gift for my Valentine ...such an agreeable occupation.
7. I look forward to a great aphrodisiac dinner!
8. People in love need a special day to celebrate as they're on the way to be extinct!
9. It's the time to say for the umpteenth time "I love you!" to the love of your life.
10. As my friend Laura said ....miracles can still happen on Valentine's Day!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY